For many people the garage is the space in the house for hobbies, home improvement projects and car maintenance. But many times these spaces are drafty and cold, since many garage doors offer little more than a thin sheet of metal between you and the elements, which makes year-round usage uncomfortable, if not impossible.
With the Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit it’s easy, fast and affordable to make your garage a more comfortable place to work. Plus you’ll get up to 5 times the thermal performance* and up to a 20% reduction in outside noise.**
*As compared to an uninsulated door.
** Percentage noise reduction is calculated based on differences in sound levels perceived across multiple frequency bands as measured in standard human listening studies.
The Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit can be picked up at most big box retail stores that sell Owens Corning PINK FIBERGLAS® insulation. Before you go, check your existing garage door or doors. One kit is enough to cover a standard single garage door. You can use 2 kits together to fit double-wide garage doors.
You’ll also need a pen and a tape measure and a sharp utility knife or scissors. It’s also smart to have cut resistant gloves while trimming insulation. Make sure you have what you need before going to the store, so you can remember to pick it up there if necessary.
Your Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit comes complete with vinyl-faced insulation, retainer clips, lightweight gloves and even vinyl repair tape, in case small tears should ever occur.
1 items found
Back to Top
Installation of the Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit usually takes less than an hour. Here’s how to install it yourself:
- First, open the box and unroll the panels on a flat surface.
- Mark each door section in two places. Each mark should be halfway between the edge and the center of the panel.
- Peel the release paper from the side of the tape included in your kit and firmly press the tape into place over each mark.
- Remove the release paper from the other side of the tape on the door, and attach a retainer clip to each piece of tape. Each door should have two retainer clips.
- Measure the height and width of each door panel. Remember, panels are not always the same size.
- Add an inch to each measurement to ensure that the insulation will have a good, snug fit with no gaps.
- With the vinyl side of the insulation down, use a sharp utility knife or scissors and a straight edge to trim each piece of insulation to size.
- Tuck the insulation into the door panel, with the vinyl side facing towards you. Press the insulation against the retainer clips as you work.
- Make a small cut in the vinyl facing (just about half an inch high and wide) to allow the retainer clips to push through.
- Inserting a second clip into the first holds the panels securely against the garage door. Simply push each clip until it clicks into place.
That’s all you need to enjoy a more comfortable work zone with the Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit!