FOAMULAR Insulating Sheathing extruded polystyrene (XPS) rigid foam insulation contains hundreds of millions of densely packed closed cells to provide exceptional thermal performance. It's also virtually impervious to moisture, unlike other plastic foam insulation products, preventing loss of R-value due to moisture penetration. Foamular weighs considerably less than plywood, OSB or other non-insulation materials so it's easier, faster and safer to install.
Insulating Sheathing (IS), is ideal for either wood or metal framing construction, suits a variety of exterior finishes and creates an effective insulating envelope over the entire structure. Used in fire-rated exterior wall assemblies for application in office buildings, schools, shopping centers and more.
Insulating Sheathing can be scored and snapped, cut, or sawed with common tools. Sagging and settling are never a problem. Retains it's long-term R-value year after year, even following prolonged exposure to water leakage, humidity, condensation, ground water and freeze/thaw cycling. Contains a minimum of 20% certified recycled content, certified GreenGuard Indoor Air Quality for Children and Schools, Energy Star Seal and Insulate Program, and NAHB Green approved. Owens Corning Foam Insulation, LLC now warrants a Lifetime Limited Warranty* on Foamular® Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Insulation products. This new, enhanced warranty indicates that for the lifetime of the product, Foamular® XPS Insulation products are free from defects in material and/or workmanship that materially affect the performance of the product in a building installation.
Features & Benefits
Download Product Data Sheet
- Lifetime Limited Warranty* on Foamular® Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Insulation products
- Exceptional thermal performance at R-5 per inch
- Virtually impervious to moisture penetration
- For exterior wall sheathing; a component of Owens Corningâ€™s PINK THERMAL WALL system
- Easy to handle, cut and install without the difficulties of foil facing.
- Laminated film on both sides for added strength
- Compressive strength of 15 psi; ASTM C578 Type X
- Will retain at least 90 percent of their advertised R-value